12.10.2010

[ InspirationLOVE ]

Ok so after talking with and hearing from a few of you that seem to think I know something about design I have decided to have an ongoing feature where I will post some of my favorite design inspirations and how I have pulled them together in my own home. This will show you that I really don't know much. I am just really good at soaking up things I see that I like and then compiling them and seeing what I get.

So let's get started. We will start with one of my very favorite design inspirations. I have used this room for multiple things in my house. First we will talk about the paint color.




The color in this room is so refreshing and clean. To me this room will always look brand new just because of the paint color. It has hints of green and blue and even some grey. I will have you know however that this room shines like it does because of the very good lighting. If you were to do the exact same color without all the recessed lighting then you would get a very different effect. Take a look at the last picture to see how much darker the color looks without the more intense lighting.


Ok so now you can see it at work in my house. (Sorry, these photos are a little primitive, I am not a professional photographer.)





The reason I love this color is that it goes with EVERYTHING. I love it with white (and yellow obviously). Like the white trim and even my white bookshelves. It is very soothing, yet vibrant. I ended up going a shade lighter than they have in their room because my lighting isn't as good. But it still does a nice job of going from day to night, meaning direct sunlight to incandescent lighting. When you choose a paint color the best thing to do is get a paint chip (at the very least - I got those sample cans for $3 and painted them on a strip of spare trim as well as poster board) and tape it to the wall and look at it in every kind of light, and all times of the day. You will be surprised how much colors can change. Now you are experts! Good luck!

1 comment:

Christiana said...

You have talent! LOVE it.